Ubuntu 14.04 and MariaDB

Ubuntu 14.04 was released today.

>From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Server

"MySQL

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS continues to provide official support for MySQL 5.5.
Three other community supported alternatives of MySQL are also
included:

* MariaDB 5.5 - a drop in replacement for MySQL 5.5.

* Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5 - a Galera based Active/Active MySQL solution.

* MySQL 5.6 - the next release of Oracle's MySQL.

Note that upgrading to MySQL 5.6 is an automatic one way process; it
is possible to downgrade manually - see the upstream documentation on
details of how to perform this process."

I have been working on 5.5.37 today, I hope to soon get it uploaded
into Debian and then via security update process into Ubuntu too.

--
Check out our blog at http://seravo.fi/blog
and follow @ottokekalainen