Re: LIMIT ROWS MATCHED

I wonder why this non-standard SQL syntax needs to be added. The example
provided:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM test LIMIT ROWS MATCHED 3;

can easily be produced with existing syntax:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT 1 FROM test LIMIT 3) AS t;

I can't imagine any query that this syntax will solve better that the
existing ones.

Pantelis Theodosiou