Re: MariaDB 10.1 is now on github!

Hi, Binod!

First: please send questions like this to maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it's a public mailing list dedicated to MySQL and MariaDB internals, source
code, and related things. I am subscribed, so I'll see you mail there, and you
may be sure I will, because it won't be accidentally catched by my spam filter,
or sorted out in some obscure folder. Furthermore other subscribers will see
your question and could reply if I will be not available (e.g. I could be
travelling).

Thank you.
On May 26, Binod Bista wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> Thanks for the info. Just to interrupt, is there a page you recommend for
> anyone starting out in MariaDB development? Particularly any database or
> MySQL internals material that help understand the codebase.

That depends on what you're trying to do.
There are two books:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596009571.do
http://www.packtpub.com/mysql-51-plugin-development/book

There's MySQL internals manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/index.html

There's MariaDB Knowledge Base that includes pages about MariaDB
internals: http://kb.askmonty.org/

There're numerous blog posts and presentations about specific topics.