 Oggetto: [Maria-docs] innodb-buffer-pool-instances confusion
 A: "maria-developers" <maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "maria-docs" <maria-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Mercoledì 6 agosto 2014, 23:26

 I was chatting with some folks on IRC
 and someone pointed this out to me.

 On the "Upgrading From MariaDB 5.5 to MariaDB 10.0" page, it
 says that
 the new default value for innodb-buffer-pool-instances is
 '0':

 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/upgrading-from-mariadb-55-to-mariadb-100/

 And when I run the following, it says the default is indeed
 '0':

 mysqld --no-defaults --verbose --help | grep
 innodb-buffer-pool-instances
 innodb-buffer-pool-instances

        0

 But when I'm in the client, I get the following:

 MariaDB [(none)]> select @@innodb_buffer_pool_instances;
 +--------------------------------+
 | @@innodb_buffer_pool_instances |
 +--------------------------------+

               8 |
 +--------------------------------+

 So when innodb-buffer-pool-instances is set to '0', does
 that mean the
 actual value is dynamic or calculated in some way based on
 my other
 settings?

 Just trying to understand what's going on, and once I do,
 use it to
 update the XtraDB/InnoDB buffer-pool page (which doesn't
 appear to
 have been updated for 10.0).

 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/xtradbinnodb-buffer-pool/

 Thanks!

 --
 Daniel Bartholomew, MariaDB Release Manager
 MariaDB | http://mariadb.com