Re: [Commits] Rev 4385: MDEV-6459 max_relay_log_size and sql_slave_skip_counter misbehave on PPC64 in lp:~maria-captains/maria/10.0

Hi, Sergey!

On Sep 09, Sergey Vojtovich wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> just curious: any special reason to make these variables ulonglong?
> Both seem to fit into uint.

See the last comment in MDEV-6459. Kristian wrote

====
  I have noticed that binlog sizes and offsets have a tendency to use
  32-bit values around the replication code (which is generally wrong
  for file offsets). I suspect that there are other bugs related to this
  lingering around.

  Using ulonglong by default when adding or otherwise changing code
  seems a reasonable approach to me, where there are no performance
  concerns that would suggest using a 32-bit type (and that does not
  seem to be the case here).
====