Re: Review of Debian packaging file listing?

Hi, Otto!

-rw-r--r-- root/root ./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqld.so.18

  This is pretty difficult to do perfectly.  You put it in
  libmariadbd-dev - but it's not a file for -dev package, it's a shared
  library that deserve to be in libmariadbd package.

  But then, to be usable it generally requires errmsg.sys files and
  charset files. And may be, optionally, all server tools, like
  myisamchk, etc. In short, libmysqld.so.18 needs everything that mysqld
  needs (minus the datadir and 'mysql' user).

  In a perfect solution one would probably move mysqld from
  mariadb-server-core to mariadb-server-mysqld. And created libmariadbd
  package that depends on mariadb-server-core.

-rw-r--r-- root/root ./usr/share/mysql/charsets/*

  these files should be in the mariadb-common package. They are used
  both by the server and the client library.

-rw-r--r-- root/root ./etc/mysql/conf.d/oqgraph.cnf

  why the connect engine comes with connect.cnf while oqgraph doesn't
  have oqgraph.cnf? I believe all plugins that are packaged separately
  should have their own *.cnf files

-rwxr-xr-x root/root ./usr/bin/perror

  I'd say that's more of a client tool, not a server one.

-rw-r--r-- root/root ./usr/lib/mysql/plugin/dialog.so
-rw-r--r-- root/root ./usr/lib/mysql/plugin/mysql_clear_password.so

  I didn't see these files anywhere. Where did you put client-side
  plugins?