Re: Renaming Virtual Columns to Computed Columns

Few points:

1) As regards terminology, IMHO it would be logical if 'computed' is used
as the "upperlevel" term. "sublevel'  terms would be 'virtual' and
'persistent' (ie. a 'computed' column may be either 'virtual' or
'persistent').

2) It is not clear to me if this also proposes a change to DDL syntax used
since MariaDB 5.2  or if it is only a discussion for docs. etc.??

3) Oracle has published a MySQL 5.7 'labs' build with a similar feature. It
would be nice if some coordination could happen!  :-)

-- Peter
-- Webyog