Re: Simplify and stabilize build tests in downstream distributions?

> I remember that discussion, although somewhat vaguely. I believe we agreed
> back then that there is no point in doing something just because somebody
> else has done it, and that if the current way works okay for you, I don't
> see a compelling reason to do it differently. Has anything changed since
> then?
>
> Of course, I might be wrong, maybe other people on the list have some input
> on the subject.

I recall that there has been a lot of test failure related issues that
are sporadic, in particular related to the rpl tests. But maybe not
lately anymore. Also the test suite takes a lot of time, and I wonder
if it would make sense to run a smaller suite that is more focused on
distro build quality rather than stuff that most likely changes only
upstream. But you are right, maybe we should not narrow down the tests
now when there is no immediate problem it would solve.