Re: Interest in Contributing to MariaDB and participation in GSoC 2015

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Jan 24, Tekang Check wrote:

>> the 2015 round of the Google Summer of Code. While looking at the projects.
>> I'm interested in Database replication and would love to do some work in

> Take a look at
>
>   https://mariadb.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=labels%3Dgsoc15
>
> and don't hesitate to ask if something isn't clear.

If you are interested in replication, I would recommend this task in
particular:

    MDEV-4991: GTID binlog indexing
    https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4991

This is an important task, as it solves a bottleneck that currently exists
when many slave servers connect to one master. And it should be interesting to
work on, I think.