Re: GSoC 15 : MaxScale Project under Markus Makela

Hi,

The most up to date documentation for MaxScale can be found on the
develop branch on GitHub:
https://github.com/mariadb-corporation/MaxScale/blob/develop/Documentation/Documentation-Contents.md

I suggest using that rather than the PDF documentation since it's a lot
more easy to use.

The filter interface can be found in the server/include/filter.h file.
All filters must implement these functions for them to work with
MaxScale.

The filters are located in the server/modules/filter folder. The best
way to get a hang of the filters is to take a look at one and the
regexfilter and qlafilter are the ones that show the filter interface in
action without having much code in them.

Other useful stuff to look at can be found in the server/include folder
are buffer.h(MaxScale uses these to route queries though it),
modutils.h(useful functions for SQL handling), housekeeper.h(for tasks
that take a long time this can be used) and hashtable.h(a generic
hashtable).

All of the MaxScale team works around UTC+1. For quick questions ask
them on #maxscale on Freenode but email will most likely be answered as
fast as IRC.

Markus

--
Markus Mäkelä, Software Engineer