[GSoC'15] MaxScale Project

Hi Markus,

I am Sriram, a Masters' student at IIIT Hyderabad, India.

I have worked with MariaDB in GSoC-2014 on MDEV-5359 under Alexander
Barkov. I have also documented my work on my blog
<http://srirampatil.tumblr.com/>.

I am interested to work on "MaxScale filter to capture incoming operations
for consumption in external sources".

I have downloaded and built MariaDB 10.1 source code from github. I was
trying to build MaxScale but it resulted in some errors. I followed the
installation instructions given on MaxScale github(develop branch). The
error is as follows

/home/sriram/gsoc/MaxScale/query_classifier/query_classifier.cc: In
function ‘bool skygw_stmt_causes_implicit_commit(LEX*, int*)’:
/home/sriram/gsoc/MaxScale/query_classifier/query_classifier.cc:848:40:
error: ‘struct LEX’ has no member named ‘drop_temporary’
                         succp = !(lex->drop_temporary);
                                        ^
make[2]: ***
[query_classifier/CMakeFiles/query_classifier.dir/query_classifier.cc.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [query_classifier/CMakeFiles/query_classifier.dir/all] Error 2

I checked struct LEX from MariaDB source code and it does not have the
mentioned field. So, is MaxScale expecting some other MariaDB source code?

It would be great if you could give me some pointers regarding the same.

Thanks,
Sriram Patil

Follow ups