Re: rpl test with gtid as default

Jean-François Gagné <jeanfrancois.gagne@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> For me, classic negotiation must keep working, be supported and
> actively developed (including adding crash safe replication).

Well, it is not likely to go away. MariaDB GTID works very similar to
old-style replication, and most of the code is shared. And a lot of effort is
generally made to preserve backwards compatibility.

> Please keep test cases for both and do not plan to deprecate classic
> negotiation.

Still, it could make sense to make sure GTID gets a good share of the testing.

Ideally we would run all tests both with and without GTID (when possible), but
I suppose that's also a test resource issue.