Fwd: Port InnoDB memcached interface to MariaDB (GSOC 2015)

Hello,

I am Aalekh Nigam, 3rd Year Undergraduate student at JIIT Noida, India.

I would like to propose my participation for Port InnoDB Memcache Interface
to MariaDB
(https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4674) as GSOC 2015 Student.

Although I have been continuously involved with discussion regarding the
project with the assigned mentor (Colin Charles), but would also like to
propose my raw architecture for community participation , thus I would like
to *request* you all to please go through the given architecture and follow
up with your comments and remarks.Since the feature is critical to MariaDB,
thus I will work hard on your comments and remarks to make this project a
success.

Architecture: According to my understanding this is the working that should
be done for the project :

​Following are the main advantages which will come after integrating
memcache to XtraDB (MariaDB Engine):

   - This memcache interfacing with MaraDB would help in faster execution
   of query in MaraDB Server.
   - Data can be unstructured or structured, depending on the type of
   application. You can make an all-new table for the data, or map the
   NoSQL-style processing to one or more existing tables.
   - Data that is requested through the memcached protocol is transparently
   queried from an XtraDB table, without going through the MariaDB SQL layer.
   - Because memcached consumes relatively little CPU, and its memory
   footprint is easy to control, it can run comfortably alongside a MariaDB
   instance on the same system.
   - Because memcached consumes relatively little CPU, and its memory
   footprint will be easy to control, it would run comfortably alongside a
   MariaDB instance on the same system.

Detail Architecture:

   - Will have multi column key value support.
   - Will control memcache parameters through parameters like: read/write
   batch size, commit interval.
   - Direct access to XtraDb tables, bypassing the MariaDB SQL parser, the
   optimizer, and even the Handler API layer

Thank You
*Aalekh*

PNG image