Port InnoDB memcached interface to MariaDB (GSOC 2015)

Hello,

I am Aalekh Nigam, 3rd Year Undergraduate student at JIIT Noida, India.

I would like to propose my participation for Port InnoDB
MemcacheInterface to MariaDB
(https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4674) as GSOC 2015 Student.

For the purpose of security following is the approach I have planned
to accomplish for this project:

The plugin will contain a xtradb_memcached.sql table for configuation
option, these configuration options will also contain a username,
password , tcp/udp address, port no. as column objects which will help
us authenticate the connection for a specified user, thus on
authentication the server would fetch corresponding tcp/udp address
and port to connect with the memcached server.

Hence this will not just prove an improvement to the existing mysql
plugin but also provide a better security to the database.

Nextly after connecting with a memcached server, our database will act
as a NoSql system providing rapid user query transaction.

Also please follow my proposal here:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/student/google/gsoc2015/aalekhn/5757334940811264

Waiting for your comments regarding the approach.

---Aalekh

Follow ups