Re: [GSoC] MDEV-4674 Port InnoDB memcached interface to MariaDB

On 24 Mar 2015, at 22:06, Jonas Oreland <jonaso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would it make sense to build a memcache plugin on top of the handler interface rather directly into innodb ?
> That way it "just work" for any storage engine.

Would that not reduce the performance that the InnoDB memcached plugin now offers?

Also, if the idea is to make it more secure, and differ from MySQL's implementation (i.e. make it better), if we can get similar performance from the HANDLER interface, why not?

(I was under the impression we just wanted to port it, to have feature compatibility; but can't argue with better)
--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB Corporation
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles