How do I read information_schema.global_status not using query.

Hi,

I hava a trouble with getting a data from
 informaition_schema.global_status table not using query.

I wrote below code and it's possible to  get data from some table in
performance_schema .

** reader.cc
my_thread_init();
MEM_ROOT mem_field;
READ_RECORD read_record_info;

tables.init_one_table(STRING_WITH_LEN("performance_schema"),
STRING_WITH_LEN("events_statements_current"),
bool result = open_and_lock_tables(ctx->thd, &tables, FALSE,
MYSQL_LOCK_IGNORE_TIMEOUT);
if (result)
 {
    return false;
 }

if(table = tables.table) /* if only table exists */
{
  init_sql_alloc(&mem_field, 1024, 0, MYF(0));
  while (!(error= read_record_info.read_record(&read_record_info)))
  {
     char* value = get_field(&mem_field, table->field[0]);  // It's OK.
  }
}
It's possible to read data from performance_schema tables using low-level
function .

But I tried to read data from information_schema.global_status table as
same way(just changed the name of database and table) , an error occurred
in open_and_lock_tables().

Is there a way to read data from information_schema.global_status not using
query?

Regards,
Kim kyungnam.