Re: changing some defaults related to replication

Oleksandr Byelkin <sanja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi, Kristian!
>
> could you say against some or default changes listed here if they will
> be done in 10.1?
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-default-changes.html

binlog_checksum	NONE	CRC32	5.6.6

I am not sure that is a good idea. Binlog checksums are incompatible with
earlier slave versions I think (though I guess we supported it all the way
back to 5.3?). The implementation is rather bad, and not well tested in
MariaDB I think, and could easily have bugs.

--binlog-row-event-max-size	1024	8192	5.6.6

Seems like a good idea, 1024 is quite small. Shouldn't it default to
something even larger than 8192? Seems safe to change.

sync_master_info	0	10000	5.6.6
sync_relay_log	0	10000	5.6.6
sync_relay_log_info	0	10000	5.6.6

Seems safe enough, though I am not sure what the point of this change would
be.

I think that was all of the replication-related changes.

I am not planning myself to change anything about this in 10.1, but I have
no strong opinion for or against if someone else wants to do it.

 - Kristian.