Re: MDEV-3929 Add system variable explicit_defaults_for_timestamp for compatibility with MySQL

Hi Sergei,

On 07/18/2015 01:01 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
Hi, Alexander!

On Jul 13, Alexander Barkov wrote:
Hi Sergei,

Please review a patch that merges a new read-only variables
--explicit-defaults-for-timestamp from MySQL.

Note, the original MySQL patch updates many tests,
to make the tests independent from the compiled-in default
--explicit-defaults-for-timestamp  value. I guess Oracle is planning to
change the default value to ON eventually.
I merged these changes for tests as well.

Okay. I wouldn't do it, but it's your call...

As a result, all tests pass in both "mtr" and
"mtr --mysqld=--explicit-defaults-for-timestamp",
which I think is good.

I don't care much about it. That is, I don't think it's valuable to
spend the time on making tests to pass for all possible initial values
of server options.

In addition to the original MySQL changes in mtr, I also added
two tests that describe specific behavior:
sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_off
sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_on

If they're functional tests, their file names typically end with _func.
Although it's not that important now, when all_vars tests is disabled.

Should I rename them to:

sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_func_off
sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_func_on

or

sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_off_func
sys_vars.explicit_defaults_for_timestamp_on_func

?

Okey to push after rename?

Thanks.