Python Storage Engine

Greetings All,

I wanted to share the beginnings of a project.

This is a Python Storage Engine. The idea is to plumb in the necessary C
to Python calls to allow a storage engine to be written in Python
instead of C or C++. This may be valuable to those who want to prototype
a database engine in Python, or if the performance is sufficient for the
use case, for production. I haven't taken things to far yet, but I think
it gives a rough idea of how to move forward with adding the other calls.

In my particular case I'm using it to prototype connecting to a search
API, like Solr, to provide an SQL like interface.

I did have a quick question. I want to license it as a more permissive
license, but since I'm using the example engine, does that mean that I
need to use the GPL license? Or can I go with the more permissive
MIT-new license?

https://github.com/perfectsearch/mariadb-plugin-python-engine

Thoughts and/or feedback are/is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

Follow ups