Re: Should these files be included in the Debian packages?

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Otto Kekäläinen <otto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> While working on MDEV-9259 I did some comparisons about what files in
> general are created by the build but which are missing from the Debian
> packaging. The list is below. Please advise which should be included
> and which are OK to leave out.
>
> etc/mysql/conf.d/cassandra.cnf
> etc/mysql/conf.d/dialog.cnf
> etc/mysql/conf.d/oqgraph.cnf
>
> usr/bin/mysql_config
> usr/bin/mysql_embedded
> usr/bin/mytop
>
> usr/include/mysql/*.h
>
> usr/lib/mysql/plugin/dialog.so
> usr/lib/mysql/plugin/mysql_clear_password.so
>
> usr/share/mysql/mroonga/install.sql
> usr/share/mysql/mroonga/uninstall.sql
>
> usr/share/mysql/my-huge.cnf
> usr/share/mysql/my-innodb-heavy-4G.cnf
> usr/share/mysql/my-large.cnf
> usr/share/mysql/my-medium.cnf
> usr/share/mysql/my-small.cnf
>
> usr/share/mysql/mysqld_multi.server
> usr/share/mysql/mysql-log-rotate
> usr/share/mysql/mysql.server
>
> usr/sql-bench/*

For usr/bin/mysql_config and usr/include/mysql/*.h: I thought we were going
with MariaDB Connector/C as the primary MariaDB client library in Debian.

Likewise, for usr/lib/mysql/plugin/*.so: Versions of those are currently in
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugin/ in the Git Debian packaging for
Connector/C 2.2.2 - though I'm seriously considering changing that to avoid
polluting the namespace with such a generic name.
--
Daniel Schepler