Re: Should these files be included in the Debian packages?

> For usr/bin/mysql_config and usr/include/mysql/*.h: I thought we were going
> with MariaDB Connector/C as the primary MariaDB client library in Debian.
>
> Likewise, for usr/lib/mysql/plugin/*.so: Versions of those are currently in
> usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugin/ in the Git Debian packaging for Connector/C
> 2.2.2 - though I'm seriously considering changing that to avoid polluting
> the namespace with such a generic name.

usr/lib/mysql/plugin/dialog.so
usr/lib/mysql/plugin/mysql_clear_password.so

So these files belong to the libmariadbclient package? (which we don't
ship in Debian, it is available only at mariadb.org repos - Debian has
only the new MariaDB Connector for C).

usr/include/mysql/*.h

This packages could be part of libmariadbclient-dev package, but is
superceeded by the MariaDB Connector for C development package
contents.