Aliasing slave_parallel_workers/slave_parallel_threads

Hi Kristian,

I am referencing an old thread from March 2014 here where you don’t have an objection, but maybe this has slipped: https://lists.launchpad.net/maria-developers/msg06923.html

MySQL 5.7 has been released and I’m sure you realise that it uses the variable slave_parallel_workers (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/replication-options-slave.html#sysvar_slave_parallel_workers). In MariaDB Server 10.1 we use slave_parallel_threads (https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/replication-and-binary-log-server-system-variables/#slave_parallel_threads)

From a DBA standpoint, and also from people using both databases in testing/production, this is confusing and scripts now have to have unnecessary added logic for if MariaDB or else MySQL.

It would be wise for us to alias this, so that its easier from a DBA usability standpoint IMHO

I planned to open up a Jira request, but since this was discussed on the list before I thought I would ask again to revive an old thread.

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/