Re: [GSoC2016] Contribution to Cassandra SE v2

Hi, Olzhas!

On Mar 02, Olzhas Kaiyrakhmet wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Olzhas Kaiyrakhmet, computer science student at Ulsan National
> Institute of Science and Technology, Korea.  I am interested in
> contributing to code to MariaDB and participating in GSoC2016.
>
> I do find the project, Cassandra SE v2, very interesting for me.
> Recently, I worked with Cassandra cluster and did look inside of it
> code. Tried to do some modifications.  Also, I have some experience on
> contributing to distributive systems and databases as research intern
> in university.
>
> I have a great will to contribute for this project with your
> assistance.

Great! See https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ - student application
period opens on March 14th (and ends on March 25th).

But, of course, until then you can get familiar with the code, think
about the project and so on - that might help to write a solid
application and get a better chance of being accepted.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx