Re: Please review MDEV-9604 crash in Item::save_in_field with empty enum value

Hi, Alexander!

On Mar 22, Alexander Barkov wrote:
> On 03/22/2016 09:33 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> > Hi, Alexander!
> >
> > On Mar 22, Alexander Barkov wrote:
> >> Hi Sergei,
> >>
> >> It fixes the reported crash, and additionally
> >> inconsistencies when comparing temporal columns to empty strings:
> >>
> >> In some cases it returned rows, in other cases it returned no rows,
> >> depending on:
> >> - the engine
> >> - the type of comparison arguments (columns vs literals).
> >> - presence of an index
> >>
> >> Now everything works in the same way.
> >>
> >> Note, this additional problem is not 10.1 specific, it existed in 10.0.
> >> But 10.0 and 10.1 worked differently in certain cases.
> >
> > Ok to push. In 10.0, right?
>
> The patch depends on my earlier changes in equal field propagation in
> 10.1.  Okey to push to 10.1 only?

It means that 10.0 patch won't merge into 10.1 anyway.
Yes, push into 10.1 then and please create a bug report for 10.0.
Don't spend time on fixing it now, though, 10.0 release is still few weeks
ahead.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx