Getting restarted with mariadb and a port to AIX

Hi all,

This week I added a few issues that I felt were clear enough to report directly. This one I am not so sure of as it concerns two areas I know too little about:
a) cmake (how to get an equivalent of GNU autotools ./configure --help)
b) cmake (how to make it show the commands it is actually running (so I could add -bnoquiet and/or -bloadmap:XXX.map) c) 'strategic' grepping through C++ sources to find where an undefined label is calling something.

After I 'patch' aka bandaid mariadb-5.5.48.0/sql-common/mysql_async.c (see https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-9814) I get loader errors - and I cannot, in ways I could with an autotools generated 'make' see how to debug.

Q) are there variables (e.g., V=1) I can pass to make so that the commands it performs are more verbose
Q) have any ideas why these symbols are undefined?

Thanks,
Michael

Follow ups