Re: Why reserved keywords: UTC_TIME, UTC_DATE, UTC_DATETIME

Sergei,

> On 25 Apr 2016, at 02:54, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I’m with Peter here - maybe one should also file a bug with MySQL to
>> find out why they have done so before it is removed in MariaDB Server
>> 10.2 ?
>
> Nah, not this time.
> It was done by Dmitry Lenev in 2003 on his second month in MySQL AB.
> You can as well ask me or Bar :)
> (MySQL AB back then was probably smaller than MariaDB Corporation now,
> and everyone knew what everyone else is doing, so we should know)
>
> And as far as I an concerned, I'm pretty sure it was implemented that
> way unintentionally. An omission, an easy mistake.

I knew you would know :-)

In that case, +1 from me to get rid of it, and also file a bug upstream to say we are removing it and they should probably consider similarly for 5.8 (er, 8.0)

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/