Re: Aggregate Stored Functions

Hi Varun,

Getting the parser to accept the syntax is a good first step. Writing tests
is the correct way to go also.

Now we need to have a way to pass this extra information to the part of the
code that stores / executes this procedure. When we encounter this
AGGREGATE_SYM syntax we have to record it somewhere. We generally use the
LEX structure for this. See if there is any flag member within it that you
can use for this purpose. If you can't find any, you can potentially create
one yourself.

Now, it would be a good time to try and familiarize yourself with how we
get from having a regular parsed function to storing it and afterwards
executing it. This is the main logic that we have to deal with. I'm not
going to suggest you any specific thing to do right now as there are
multiple ways to do this. Try and come up with a simple plan on how to
extend this functionality for our use case. You don't have to code it all,
just yet :). We'll improve (or perhaps change it) afterwards. It doesn't
have to be perfect the first time, but this way you'll get a try at
designing an implementation idea.

Great job so far!
Vicentiu