maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
When SP DEFINER is empty.
Hi, Sergey, all.
I'm in doubts about how this one should be fixed:
The story goes like this:
- mysql_install_db script runs 'mysqld --skip-grant-tables'
In this case the 'current_user()' seems to be empty.
- so the CREATE PROCEDURE command in the bootstrap creates the procedure
with the empty DEFINER.
- as a result, the 'SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE' returns query started with
'CREATE DEFINER=`` PROCEDURE...',
- that DEFINER=`` gives an error when feed to the server.
That can be fixed on any stage. We can do any of these:
- set some 'current_user()' to be not empty even with the
- specify some non-empty DEFINER for the CREATE PROCEDURE statement
(in both options it's not that clear what user could that be)
- fix the SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE statement so it doesn't add the
errorneous DEFINER=`` to the query.
- make server handling the 'DEFINER=``' with no error. Maybe assigning
the 'current_user()' in this case.
So, what can You recommend as a fix in this case?