Re: MDEV-9423: FTWRL and Binlog checkpoint

Nirbhay Choubey <nirbhay@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since there is no wait in reload_acl_and_cache() anymore, user's FLUSH LOGS
> will
> create a new binary log file with binlog checkpoint event for the
> penultimate binlog and
> return, leaving it onto binlog background thread to take care of logging
> the checkpoint
> event for the current (new) binlog file.
>
> Now, if background thread kicks in _after_ the file transfer (as shown in
> #9 below), the
> same problem occurs - the joiner complains of the missing binlog file.

Sure, I understand, what I fail to understand is how putting
wait_for_last_checkpoint_event() into the user's connection thread helps
avoid this. The user thread waits for the checkpoint event of the new binlog
file, however the SST thread already did its wait for its own
reload_acl_and_cache(), it will not wait again... ?