Re: MDEV-9423: FTWRL and Binlog checkpoint

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Nirbhay Choubey <nirbhay@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Since there is no wait in reload_acl_and_cache() anymore, user's FLUSH
> LOGS
> > will
> > create a new binary log file with binlog checkpoint event for the
> > penultimate binlog and
> > return, leaving it onto binlog background thread to take care of logging
> > the checkpoint
> > event for the current (new) binlog file.
> >
> > Now, if background thread kicks in _after_ the file transfer (as shown in
> > #9 below), the
> > same problem occurs - the joiner complains of the missing binlog file.
>
> Sure, I understand, what I fail to understand is how putting
> wait_for_last_checkpoint_event() into the user's connection thread helps
> avoid this. The user thread waits for the checkpoint event of the new
> binlog
> file, however the SST thread already did its wait for its own
> reload_acl_and_cache(), it will not wait again... ?

Ah.. I get it now, adding the wait in reload_acl_and_cache() is futile.
So, perhaps only option left is place this wait in sst_flush_tables() after
reload_acl_and_cache().

- Nirbhay