Re: [Commits] 1c9da8d: MDEV-9312: storage engine not enforced during galera cluster replication

Hi Jan!

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Jan Lindström <jan.lindstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Nirbhay,
>
> This looks ok but one question (no need to change now):
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Nirbhay Choubey <nirbhay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> +    Since some wsrep threads (THDs) are create before plugins are
>> +    initialized, LOCK_plugin mutex needs to be initialized here.
>> +  */
>>

> Is there some fundamental reason why we can't create wsrep threads after
> other plugins and
> related global system variables (that are really needed for wsrep) are
> initialized ?

The wsrep replication thread is required during state transfer, which
(rsync & xtrabackup based)
must complete before plugins (InnoDB, in specific) can be initialized.

Best,
Nirbhay