Re: [MariaDB/server] MDEV-11064 - Restrict the speed of reading binlog from Master (#246)

Sergey Vojtovich <notifications@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Similar to other open source projects, the MariaDB Foundation needs to
> have shared ownership of all code that is included in the MariaDB
> distribution. The easiest way to achieve this is by submitting your
> code under the BSD-new license.

This is a deliberate lie. There is no such requirement. In fact, most of the
code in MariaDB Server is contributed only under the GPLv2, including code
from the MariaDB Corporation, Oracle, Galera, Tokutek, ...

You already indicated that your code is contributed under the GPLv2 by
publishing it on a public github branch here:

  https://github.com/GCSAdmin/MariaDB/tree/10.2-binlog-speed-limit

Please consider keeping your contribution under the GPLv2. Like other open
source projects, the MariaDB server needs the strong protection that the GPL
gives.

You are of course free to use whatever license you choose for your own
work. But I cannot be seen as supporting this continued abuse from managers
at the MariaDB Corporation, people that will not even stand forward
publically. So If you choose to support the BSD/MCA, I regret that I will
not be able to look into your pull request.

Otherwise, I will be happy to look into it, probably sometimes during the
coming week.

Thanks,

 - Kristian.