Re: Doublewrite block number in XtraDB

Hi,
I think that the doublewrite buffer would become more flexible and perform
better if it was moved out of the InnoDB system tablespace. Then we could
use any number of pages and not be limited to 128 pages.
I filed MDEV-11659 Move the InnoDB doublewrite buffer to flat files
<https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-11659> some time ago. I would be glad
to see a contributed patch, or maybe I will find time to do it myself at
some point in the future.

We do not have a working XtraDB in MariaDB Server 10.2. As far as I
understand, the copy that is in the source tree at storage/xtradb is based
on MySQL 5.6, not on 5.7. The InnoDB in 10.2 is based on MySQL 5.7.

Best regards,

Marko
<https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-11659>