Re: Knowing the process

Hi, Sagar!

On Mar 12, Sagar Shivani wrote:
>  Dear sir / ma'am,
>  My name is sagar. I am interested in contributing into the project
> idea of allowing different authentication processes per user.
> I have skills in c and c++ programming language. Also i have learned SQL
> previous semester. I would really like to know about the process to
> pursue this idea. Please guide me .

For starters you could read up on how authentication works in MariaDB today.
Here're few pointers:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/development-pluggable-authentication/

Few simple authentication plugins:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/unix_socket-authentication-plugin/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/named_pipe-authentication-plugin/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/pam-authentication-plugin/

check the source code for these plugins, it's really simple.

As you'll see from the documentation, one could specify only one
authentication method per account. This project is about lifting this
limitation.

You can suggest the new SQL syntax for specifying multiple
authentication methods per user, protocol extensions, etc.

You should really try to discuss your ideas on this list first, before
writing a proposal - it's the only way you can be sure your proposal
will be meaningful and realistic.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx