Re: [GSOC] ColumnStore: Add full support for DECIMAL

Hi Daniil,

Many thanks for your interest. We haven't fully specified it yet (I'll
build a full specification later this week). But I suspect the following
would be involved:

* Implementation of methods to handle MariaDB's DECIMAL format
* Support for a longer than 8-byte numeric column type (there is an
InfiniDB tree with work for this already)
* Modification of the primitives processor for the math
* Modification of the function expression processor to handle the new type
* Version upgrade support for DECIMAL from the current form to the new form

In the mean time please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
Andrew
(Senior Software Engineer, MariaDB ColumnStore)