Re: 10.2 and merges (e.g. TokuDB)

Hi, Phil!

On May 24, Phil Sweeney wrote:

> I'm waiting on a fairly important row count fix that should appear in
> the next Percona Server release.
>
> When it does, if the current merging strategy continues, do I have to
> first wait for 10.0.32 to get it in late July, then 10.1.26 in August,
> then 10.2 after that?

This is exactly the strategy we've been using so far, yes.

> Or with 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 all being supported and needing merges, is
> there a new strategy on the cards to shorten this lag?

This is a good point. Particularly, as 5.5 and 10.0 will be released
only quarterly from now on (following MySQL-5.5 release schedule).

We'll try a new strategy, https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-12881
means that 10.1.25 should have the latest TokuDB (as usual, it's the
plan, not a promise; plans may change).

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx