maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: 10.2 and merges (e.g. TokuDB)
Appreciate you considering other options. Unfortunately in this case it
seems Percona did not release a new 5.6 version in time for this 10.1.25
However, interestingly, they did tag a release for 5.7.18-15 in the
PerconaFT repository (which is common to both 5.6 and 5.7) in late May,
that did include the fix I wanted :)
Percona tells me that they will only be doing a 5.6 release once Oracle
releases 5.6.37, which could be quite some time (plus the time for Percona
to do their thing).
Is there potentially a way to deal with this, e.g. accept any tagged
release from PerconaFT (be it 5.6 or 5.7 .. but perhaps use a different
versioning indicator for consistency)
I have a feeling that similarly to MariaDB 10.1 only getting quarterly
release from now on, Percona 5.6 is probably not going to get as regular
attention as 5.7.
For example, this year, PerconaFT has had 5 tags for 5.7, but only 3 for
On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Phil!
> On May 24, Phil Sweeney wrote:
> > I'm waiting on a fairly important row count fix that should appear in
> > the next Percona Server release.
> > When it does, if the current merging strategy continues, do I have to
> > first wait for 10.0.32 to get it in late July, then 10.1.26 in August,
> > then 10.2 after that?
> This is exactly the strategy we've been using so far, yes.
> > Or with 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 all being supported and needing merges, is
> > there a new strategy on the cards to shorten this lag?
> This is a good point. Particularly, as 5.5 and 10.0 will be released
> only quarterly from now on (following MySQL-5.5 release schedule).
> We'll try a new strategy, https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-12881
> means that 10.1.25 should have the latest TokuDB (as usual, it's the
> plan, not a promise; plans may change).
> Chief Architect MariaDB
> and security@xxxxxxxxxxx