Re: commit_checkpoint_request() vs. thd_get_durability_property() (in relation to MDEV-11937)

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The problem is that somehow the thd_get_durability_property() function was
> introduced into MariaDB code, but it is completely non-functional. So now
> there is code in InnoDB, TokuDB and RocksDB that calls this function and
> does not work correctly. This lead to performance regression due to extra
> fsync() calls.

This function was introduced while I was doing InnoDB 5.7.9 merge, this was
huge
merge but in my understanding all server changes i.e. also storage API
changes were
reviewed. But, as patch was significant there was error. That function
should not be introduced.

> Or was the intention to eventually replace the whole MariaDB binlog group
> commit implementation with the MySQL one, to make MariaDB less divergent?
> This would require a number of changes to MariaDB binlog and replication.

No this was not the intention.

R: Jan