Interaction between rpl_slave_state and rpl_binlog_state

Hi Kristian, Andrei

I have some question related to rpl_slave_state. Suppose A circular
async replication between A < -- > B (gtid_ignore_duplicates on)
Now, we set some temp server_id on server A , lets say `X`. Now the
problem is each event group which
originates from A is executed 2 times. For example we insert into
table t1 and gtid is 0-X-2. The event goes to slave B
B applies it, And send it back to A, Since its server_is different
from A global server_id , this event is not filtered in queue_event().
Now event goes to handle_sql thread , And check_duplicate_gtid
function is called. Since rpl_slave_state::hash does not have a
element
whose sequence_no is >= 2, So this event is applied again.

Andrei suggested a solution of checking rpl_binlog_state in
check_duplicate_gtid, This solution solves some problem but creates
some
problem. (multi_source.gtid_ignore_duplicates fails in master_sync,
test for mdev_10715 also fails ). Reason for this is sync_with_master
calls master_gtid_wait , which internally calls
gtid_waiting::wait_for_gtid , and this checks rpl_salve_state::hash.
Although this method can
also be patched for to look for rpl_gtid_global_binlog_state. But I am
not sure whether this will solve all problem or create new problem.

Another solution might be somehow update rpl_slave_state::hash when we
write gtid_event in log. But this does not make sense. rpl_slave_state
should be used for slave replication usage.

I think we need a more better solution for this.

--
Regards
sachin

Follow ups