Re: Issue with setting up of MariaDB and solve issue MDEV-14896

Hi, Aman!

On Mar 08, Aman Jain wrote:
> Hello developers
>
> I am setting up the codebase for MariaDB on my system to understand the
> codebase and solve some issues. But I am facing a problem which I am not
> able to solve when I run "make" command.
>
> Error log: https://pastebin.com/u5fAhMHX
> OS: MacOS 10.13.3
> Python version: 2.7.14
>
> Please let me know how can I set up so that I can run and test the changes.

A simple workaround would be to build without tokudb:

  cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO

alternatively, try to see where exactly xz is trying to install yourself
and why it fails.

> Also, I want to solve issue MDEV-14896. Please connect me to the owner of
> the issue so that I can discuss the changes.
> (https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-14896)

You did everything perfectly. Ask in Jira. Wait a bit, say, a day or
two, if nobody answers, ask here.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx