Re: GSoC 2018 Student Self Introduction & Question

Hi!

Since its GPLv2, I don’t see why not you read the source for optimiser trace, and implement it into the GPLv2 MariaDB Server. A lot of MariaDB Server contains merged outright or cherry picked features from MySQL and this is “fine”.

I think optimiser trace would be an awesome feature to have as well — https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-6111 —it  has been a feature request for nearly 4 years, and has existed in GA MySQL 5.6 for over 5 years.

Good luck!