Re: [Commits] 8bfb140d5dc: Move deletion of old GTID rows to slave background thread

andrei.elkin@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> Note that the cleanup happens asynchroneously, and system load can cause the
>> cleanup step to be delayed or
>
>   >even skipped completely in rare cases;
>
> I only can think of crashes here... Anything else do you mean?

There is a small race in the code where the slave background thread can miss
a notification to delete rows (this avoids a mutex). Not sure if this is
only theoretical. If it should happen, the rows will be deleted in the next
batch, so the table would temporarily grow to twice the
@@gtid_cleanup_batch_size number of rows.