From: GUESNET, ETIENNE (ext)
Sent: Wednesday, 18 September 2019 11:20
To: Vladislav Vaintroub; maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Maria-developers] Implementation of Threadpool

Hi Vladislav,

> IOCP sounds really like a better API, in case you can use it.

The IOCP documentation said (man CreateIoCompletionPort):

Note: This subroutine only works with file descriptors of sockets, or regular files for use with the Asynchronous I/O (AIO) subsystem. It does not work with file descriptors of other types.

It will be difficult to bypass these restriction. Note it is public and documented restriction, I will probably find other trouble during development.