Re: Performance of index intersection

Hi Sergey!

>> In the best
>> case scenario, I think this could enable InnoDB to use its page directory
>> to skip past some of the keys, improving the performance from O(n) to O(log
>> n).
>
> Agree.
> If the scans being merged produce data with non-overlapping rowid ranges,
> then things could be sped up. I'm just wondering how often this is the case
> in practice. Do you have any thoughts this?

In case of a ecommerce solution using a Faceted Search, it happens really often!
Usually users are moving away the Search part from MySQL to ElasticSearch / Algolia because the index merge performance is really poor.
If we have this missing feature, it could improve a lot performances of such cases!

BR,
  Jocelyn Fournier