Re: systemd changes in Debian Sid

Hi Otto!

Otto Kekäläinen <otto@xxxxxxxxxx>,
11/11/2019 – 15:06:24 (+0100):

> Hello Faustin!
>
> I have been updating the MariaDB 10.3 packaging in Debian to compat level
> 12, and that includes some changes to how the systemd services are
> installed. Do you have any comments?
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.3/commits/bugfix/systemd-rules
See my comment on the d14de1c0 WIP commit.

> Are there some systemd issues regarding 10.3 that you think we should put
> in while at this?
Yes and it is related to all the extra work that is needed to support
both mysql and mariadb systemctl commands (see my comment and Ondrej
commit referenced in it).

IMO we should definitively remove aliases from systemd unit files (also
suggested by M. Biebl #932289) but I did not have time to get things to
move on (https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/1172 or MDEV-15526) and
if possible I believe that we should try to upstream it first.

So for the moment I have no other changes to suggest in salsa.

Faustin