Re: bf32018be96: Added support for VISIBLE attribute for indexes in CREATE TABLE

Hi, Michael!

On Apr 13, Michael Widenius wrote:
> revision-id: bf32018be96 (mariadb-10.5.2-126-gbf32018be96)
> parent(s): 62c2d0f3e1f
> author: Michael Widenius <monty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> committer: Michael Widenius <monty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> timestamp: 2020-04-09 01:37:02 +0300
> message:
>
> Added support for VISIBLE attribute for indexes in CREATE TABLE
>
> MDEV-22199 Add VISIBLE attribute for indexes in CREATE TABLE
>
> This was done to make it easier to read in dumps from MySQL 8.0

This is not a "dump from MySQL 8.0". It is an SQL export file generated
by MySQL Workbench. And MySQL Workbench has a configuration option
whether to put this VISIBLE in the sql file or not.

This is a client tool misconfiguration issue.

I think the user can trivially tell his tool not to generate
MariaDB-incompatible syntax and we don't have to change the server for
this.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx

Follow ups