MDEV-21287 dev community opinion wanted

Hi all,

I created the Jira ticket MDEV-21287 10 months ago and didn't get much feedback.

I tried to take a shot at it myself, but found out that the resolution MDEV-20403 introduced this behavior by purposefully evaluating 'update functions' before the BEFORE UPDATE trigger.

I couldn't really understand why this was necessary, and I'd like to get feedback from the dev community to try and understand what is really supposed to happen on update.

I kinda hate getting my trigger called with a new value that's not going to be persisted anyway, what do you think about that?

Regards,

Pierre-Jean

Follow ups