Re: MDEV-17399: JSON_TABLE: final input

On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 01:13:53AM +0400, Alexey Botchkov wrote:
> Hi, Sergei!
>
> I pushed the patch to the feature branch for you to take a look.
> The patch you proposed
> http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2021-March/014492.html
>  I liked and adapted with one exception. The nested paths list is built
> using the **last_sibling_hook
> instead of *cur_last_sibling. That seems to me nicer and doesn't produce
> that many repeating lines
> in the code.

On the other hand, use of "last_sibling_hook" makes Table_function_json_table to
be aware about the internals of Json_table_nested_path (you had to make it a
friend class).

And the price to pay for complete isolation was the if-else in
start_nested_path(), with two lines in either branch.
So I would still say that the suggested solution was cleaner.

I don't consider this to be a showstopper issue, though.

BR
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer
MariaDB Corporation | Skype: sergefp | Blog: http://petrunia.net