MariaDB Connector/J 3.x Status and Plans

Hello,

I would like to ask about the current status of MariaDB Connector/J 3.x.

I maintain the package in Fedora and RHEL.

Currently, we are facing a decision about which major version to pack to
RHEL 9, which is currently being developed.

We would like to ship RHEL 9 with the latest stable version of the Java
connector, and avoid rebasing to any next major release during the RHEL 9
life, if possible.

However the 3.x version is only available in ALPHA quality and I can't see
any plan for it to reach further stages in the Jira roadmap for the next
half a year.

https://jira.mariadb.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I believe the best solution for us would be you releasing the GA, or at
least BETA version ASAP, or at least in the near future. We still have time
to update the package from the ALPHA version to GA version before the RHEL
9 development freeze, but the decision whether to take this road has to be
made ASAP.

After RHEL 9 GA, it will be very complicated for us to deal with rebasing
to a new, incompatible version of mariadb-connector-j, where this rebase
can break existing user applications and brings a lot of problems with it.
Currently mariadb-java-client-2.7.2 is present in the repositories, but as
already said, we want to aim for the 3.x version.

You, of course, might have very different plans for the connector and
different idea about how ready it is to become BETA or GA.

We would like to hear your plans with the Java connector 3.x version and to
discuss our possible paths to take.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Regards,

Ondrej Dubaj