Re: 6d0c1f3ae12: MDEV-23328 Server hang due to Galera lock conflict resolution

Hi Jan,

Ramesh said that he has not observed any "WSREP: BF lock wait long for
trx" messages while running tests. This would suggest that the
diagnostic output code is essentially untested.

I would say that the diagnostic output is related to MDEV-23328 or
MDEV-25114, because it involves the same mutexes as the MDEV-23328
hang. Furthermore, the MDEV-23328 scenario is forced abort of
lock-holding lower-priority transactions due to applying certified
transactions (called "BF" or "brute force" in Galera).

I am glad that you will reconsider my request to remove
wsrep_trx_print_locking() and the mutex operations around the call.

Marko

--
Marko Mäkelä, Lead Developer InnoDB
MariaDB Corporation